The context for this directive is the correct implementation of CL 03/2018 which includes a requirement that that the agreed duties of a post of responsibility should be commensurate with the level of that Post – that is Assistant Principal I or Assistant Principal II.
Where a post of responsibility (POR) is vacant, or roles and responsibilities as per the agreed schedule of posts arise for any reason or the unmet needs of the school as listed by agreement are to be carried out by any staff member, then:
- The post/roles/responsibilities/unmet needs should only be carried out by the appointment of a teacher to a PORs in accordance with the normal appointment procedure and the approved allocation of POR to the school as per CL 003/2018
- A teacher who is not in receipt of the appropriate POR allowance in accordance with normal procedure as per 003/2018 and who is not afforded the time remission appropriate to the post should not carry out the roles and responsibilities as per the schedule of posts nor the unmet needs of the school as published.
Roles and responsibilities as per the schedule of posts or agreed unmet needs will not be carried out by:
- An unpromoted teacher or Assistant Principal II (APII) in receipt of a timetable remission granted to carry out any listed functions
- An unpromoted teacher in receipt of a timetable remission to carry out roles and responsibilities that should be carried out by an API or APII
- Any teacher carrying out roles and responsibilities as per the schedule of posts or agreed needs who does not hold a recognised post of responsibility or is in receipt of payment other than the appropriate payment for the post.
All members, including principal teachers, deputy principals, post-holders and teachers are directed not to engage in or facilitate or organise any breach of this directive..