Tax credits and substitute teachers - information for members

By piofficer, Monday, 28th January 2019 | 0 comments

Teachers employed on short fixed-term contracts and substitute teachers may have experienced problems with tax credits recently. If so, they should contact their local Revenue office, details of which are available at

They should raise the issue with Revenue of the possible need to re-register with the Department of Education and Skills (DES) as the employer and the need to re-allocate their tax credits.

TUI has made representation to the DES to seek an urgent resolution of this problem.

Protect Your Career

Join TUI today