Circular letters 21/2019 (Third Level) and 22/2019 (Post Primary), which set out details of the removal of two scale points (4 and 8) from post-1st January 2011 ‘new entrant’ scales, have issued.
Effective from 1st March 2019, the measure means that new and recent entrants will progress up the scale quicker.
The implications of the measure vary, depending on grade and career stage of a member. Click here for Circular 21/2019 (Third Level) and click here for Circular 22/2019 (Post Primary)
Click here for a document prepared by TUI Head Office with more detail on the financial implications for those members who will benefit.
- The adjustments should be applied, as appropriate, to each eligible ‘new entrant’ paid on the 2011 entrant pay scale on their next normal increment date.
- The terms of the Circulars do not apply to paid on the pre-2011 pay scale.
- The Circulars set out the method to be applied between 1st March 2019 –29th February 2020, which entails an additional increment at point 4 and point 8 of the 2011 entrant payscale.
- The Circulars cover the more complex movements within that time frame, taking account of the interaction between the two interventions, particularly for post-1st January 2011 entrants currently on point 6 or above.
- A Circular to be issued in early 2020 will cover the more straightforward progression of new entrants through points 4 and 8 in subsequent years.
- For those currently on incremental points 1 or 2 of the post-1st January 2011 entrant payscale, each will receive the normal increment due on their next normal increment date.
- For those currently on incremental points 3, 4 or 5 of the post-1st January 2011 entrant payscale, each will receive two increments (1 normal, and 1 additional increment) due on their next normal increment date.
- For those currently on incremental point 6 or above of the 2011 entrant payscale, each will receive three increments (1 normal, and 2 additional increments) due on their next normal increment date.